Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Gittins' Reunion

My Mother-in-law's side of the family has a reunion pic-nic near the end of Augustat Mack Park in Smithfield, Utah. My newlywed niece, Brittany and her new hubby, Daniel stopped in on their way home to Oregon. They had been on a honeymoon trip to Glacier NP, Yellowstone and a few other places. The boys enjoyed playing in the sand and playground at Mack Park. Troy enjoyed leaving right as family news started so I could be the spokesman for the family. I enjoyed the food and company. This reunion reminds me of the Freestone reunions that Mom used to drag us to. I've found these to be more enjoyable because I actually make an effort to visit with people and get to know them instead of whining in the corner that everything was boring (sorry, Mom). Kira liked sucking on Brittany's shoulder. This is their first meeting!
The Honeymooners in Smithfield. Welcome to the family, Dan!
T.J. enjoys climbing playground equipment.
Douglas enjoys climbing the dirt hill behind the playground and sliding back down.
Why did I buy him white shorts?

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Definitely don't remember any other kids at the Freestone reunions besides my first cousins...having you all there at least made them bearable. My kids love reunions...maybe it will change as they get older.