Thursday, August 7, 2008

Silly Douglas


Douglas is hilarious as most of you know. I don't know how he fits all that personality into one little body. The picture above is a typical Douglas face- complete with a mysterious smear on his cheek. I often saw him at school with something smeared there in the afternoon. I really do teach him how to use a napkin. Douglas is silly, playful, strong-willed, and snuggly. I wanted to make a little section of this blog dedicated to Douglas stories.
CHOCOLATE MILK:
Douglas was excited about his new Nike outfit that we got for him when the weather warmed up this past spring. I was eating lunch with his teacher in his kindergarten room, when Douglas is marched in by a teacher assistant. He was in trouble for spitting milk on a little girl. This was suprising because Douglas usually is sweet on the girls, and pretty nice. He had to miss recess, and I had a little chat with him. I tried not to crack up after his explanation: "I was drinking my milk and started choking on it. I had to cough, but I didn't want to get chocolate milk on my new Nike shirt, so I turned my head and Alyssa was just there." Poor Alyssa.
KIRA CAN STAND UP NOW:
Douglas loves his baby sister. Even after 4 months, he is still thrilled with holding her and playing with her. When she was about 2 months old, he was talking to her in the other room and I heard her let out a wail. I came running in, and Douglas looked so confused. He said, "I tried to stand her up". I was soooo mad and started ranting about being careful.. she's just little... blah, blah, blah. Then he said, "Well, if she can't stand up, why is she wearing shoes?"
Do you have any funny Douglas stories? Feel free to comment. Watch for more in the near future. I've got to start blogging all of them before I forget.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the chocolate milk story! They'll both probably remember that all the way through high school... Kira is a cutie also by the way! I hope your school gets finished quickly for you. What a pain!