Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fabulous 4th Grade


Here is T.J. on his unofficial first day of fourth grade. They took 9 kids from each class to create another 4th grade class. He was happy that he was able to stay with his same teacher, Mrs. L. Anderson.
T.J. also created some lists of the best and worst things about 4th Grade at Mountainside Elementary.
TOP TEN THINGS ABOUT MY NEW SCHOOL:
1. We get "Cool Cash" and get to spend it at a 4th grade "mall" in the gym.
2. We use mechanical pencils.
3. Mountainside has an extremely cool playground that we finally get to play on (fast slide, rock wall, monkey bars, and a swingy doo-hickey).
4. Four Square at recess.
5. Nice big classrooms that are cool looking.
6. Our teacher picks a "Teacher's Pet" for the day.
7. We have a student of the week.
8. We have class meetings.
9. The name of our school is cool.
10. Automatic lights, toilets, sinks and papertowels.

BOTTOM TEN THINGS ABOUT MY NEW SCHOOL
1. I have to make new friends.
2. I have to walk to guitar lessons.
3. I miss the teachers at Lincoln.
4. We get in trouble for putting our feet up on chairs.
5. We have tables instead of desks.
6. The Kindergarten hall is hard to find.
7. The lunchroom is the same place as the gym. They drop a curtain down for lunchtime to divide the room, and then the gym is smaller than the lunchroom. The gym should be the bigger part.
8. The library isn't done yet, and I want to check out books.
9. There aren't any bike racks, yet. The bikes just have to lean against the wall and a bike fell on me once.
10. I miss baby Kira all day.
I enjoyed sitting with TJ to create these lists. It was fun to see what he noticed and cared about. I can definitely agree with #10 on the Bottom ten list.


1 comment:

Pike's Place said...

What a creative young man you have there! That was quite a descriptive list -- that was so nice about Kira, too. I bet she misses him, too.