Here is Douglas with his new teacher, Mrs. White. She met with the kids one-on-one before school started to visit with them and check skills. She asked Douglas if he had any allergies and he shared, "I'm allergic to salad." I really had no idea this was the case!
With a little luck, we'll learn a few things while we're living and loving our life together.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
First Day of First Grade
Douglas was excited for the 1st day at his brand new school. Here he is in my classroom before school started (notice I still have a few boxes left). Kindergarten will start next week. Thank goodness I still have a few days to finish getting ready. The kids got to eat sack lunches in the hallway so the gym floor could cure for a few more days. The playground wasn't ready so the principal bought a bunch of jumpropes and balls. Douglas said he practiced jumproping every recess. The school is looking good and almost all the way complete. Douglas enjoyed his first day.
Here is Douglas with his new teacher, Mrs. White. She met with the kids one-on-one before school started to visit with them and check skills. She asked Douglas if he had any allergies and he shared, "I'm allergic to salad." I really had no idea this was the case!
We have a 15 minute commute home. Douglas was out in 5.
I'll have to share TJ's first day of school later. He missed the official 1st day because his dad kidnapped him and took him to Arizona to see Tom Petty in concert. Can you believe a teacher's son sluffed the first day of school? I saw TJ's class touring the school without him on the 1st day. The line went on and on and on (34 kids!). Our school district recently approved another teacher addition, and hired another 4th grade teacher. Yeah for smaller classes! The new teacher will start on Tuesday. We're not sure if TJ will be shifted or not.
Here is Douglas with his new teacher, Mrs. White. She met with the kids one-on-one before school started to visit with them and check skills. She asked Douglas if he had any allergies and he shared, "I'm allergic to salad." I really had no idea this was the case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Douglas is hilarious. I love that picture of him.
That's fun that Teri is his teacher!
Douglas looks like a happy camper. Yay for a good first day! Troy is cool for taking TJ to Tom Petty.
I am glad you got a room to teach in! They cut it close!
How exciting about the new school...however what a mess to start with!
Post a Comment