With a little luck, we'll learn a few things while we're living and loving our life together.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Plum Tree for Sale
Every summer the boys have an annoying chore to do... cleaning up the plums that have fallen from the plum tree. These plums are soooo messy! The tree is too high to pick from, the plums aren't that great to eat (sour and mushy), and people have to dodge their way around the fallen plums to get to our door.
Last night, we had a wind storm so we had lots of plums to pick up this morning.
Douglas likes this chore, especially when we get to hose off the porch after picking them up. He also found out that the white van looks pretty cool with smashed plums on it. Guess who got to clean the van, too?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is good to see that you put your boys to work...they will have stories to tell about their favorite plum tree when they grow up! Love all of the posts. It is fun learning more about your cute family through the blog. We sure do wish we lived closer...my kids love hearing stories about CRAZY things I did growing up with my cousin Melinda!
I remember those days when I had to pick up crab apples off the ground. Ugh! Glad you're keeping them busy. :) Maybe I should send Jayce over to help.
Post a Comment