I don't know what it is about Pack Meeting that drives me nuts. Probably it's just the fact that it takes place in the middle of the week after a long day of school. I just had to share the last Pack Meeting experience with you as things like this typically happen whenever we attend Pack Meeting.
TJ loves scouting, and I think it is good for him- just not sure if it's good for me. He was so excited for Pack Meeting last night. The baby had a cold so I thought I could get out of going. Nope- TJ suggested I just pack extra tissues. I had a mild headache- "Take some pills or something, Mom!". Douglas hasn't done his homework- "He can just do it when we get back!". Ok- it all sounded so reasonable. So I threw together some PBJ sandwiches for dinner and threw the kids in the car.
I didn't care to notice that what Douglas was wearing. Halfway to scouts, he says, "Mommy, it's okay that I'm wearing my Thing costume, right?". I giggled and said, "I guess so". Well, then TJ tells me that Douglas is going commando under the suit. Needless to say, Douglas was a little chilly on those metal fold-out chairs. The spandex pants didn't allow for much warmth.
Event 2: Kira decides that Pack Meeting is a great place to fill her diaper. Now, this is the 3rd time she has saved her BM for Pack Meeting. Is she making a statement? Yes, it was a blowout situation. I spent a good 20 minutes in the bathroom with her. Douglas ran off to play around the church somewhere, and TJ runs up to me with tears in his eyes saying that Douglas is taking the stuff for the game that the boys are trying to play and he is "ruining everything".
I texted Troy at work and told him he could catch the last 15 minutes of Pack Meeting if he hurried. He sent back this loving message: "ha, ha, ha".
Well, I guess my message is that I survived another Pack Meeting. Do I need an attitude adjustment? Despite my trials last night, my children were all happy (even the one dressed up as a Super Hero A-Natural) and TJ earned another patch for me to try and sew on his shirt when I get around to it. AND at least I don't have a calling in scouts (knock on wood).
2 comments:
So funny! I think a lot of what we moms do isn't mandatory . . . we're just a sucker for our kids' pleas. :) I've been there. You're a nice mom, Melinda!
I swear we all have those nights!! Way to hang in there and be supportive!
Post a Comment