
Douglas strikes again. Just when I think I am all out of patience with this boy, he goes and does something funny and cracks me up. So, Thursday the nurses came to do eye screenings for K-2 graders. Douglas does have lazy-eye (amblyopia), and I knew he would fail miserably. So when my class went for screenings, I asked the nurse how bad he did. She flipped through her book and said he had passed. I was confused. She said there was a chance that he got skipped or something. So when Douglas got home, I asked him if he did the eye test. He said he did and that it was easy. I said, "Could you see with your bad eye?" He said, "No, but I remembered which way to turn my hand." TJ said, "Douglas- that's cheating!". Troy and I were cracking up. Good thing we are working with an eye doctor already. Smart boy.
2 comments:
Smart boy...you really can't blame him!
I read the other day that when younger kids manipulate situations, it's actually an indication of a higher IQ. So I've noticed that Jayce is getting smarter everday. :) Douglas is a clever one!
Post a Comment