Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

We had a great Halloween. The school allowed us to dress-up for Halloween (1st time since I worked in Ogden). I went to school as a baseball player (mostly so I could wear a hat and have an excuse not to do my hair). The boys wore their trooper outfits (no masks allowed, though). It was fun to see my little Kindergartners all dressed up. We partied all day.
I put Troy in charge of getting Kira a costume Halloween morning since I hadn't had time during the week. I got a text midday from Troy saying, "I decided to stick with the Star Wars theme". I wondered what mystery costume my baby would wear- ewok? yoda? Leia? Daddy bought her a wookie costume! She was a little baby chewbacca. It was really cute, and everyone said how cute "he" was.
We went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat and I decided I'd better get on some Star Wars stuff to fit in with the kids. We found a Darth Vader mask and lightsaber to help out, and Douglas loaned me his batman cape. So I was a make-shift Vader. The Trunk-or-Treat was okay. I ran out of candy within the hour. When Troy got off work, we went to visit some friends and went to a few houses. The boys said the highlight of the night was getting chips at one house.


















Earlier this week, we hit the annual Pumpkin Walk held in Hyde Park each October. Local groups (scout groups, families, wards, schools, etc.) make a scene of characters using pumpkins that they have decorated with paint and stuff. My favorite one was Noah's Ark. The boys liked Indiana Jones (with a large pumpkin boulder rolling towards a pumpkin head Jones). Kira liked the bonfire. We also like the free Pepperidge Farm cookies and cheese sticks at the end of the walk.










We enjoyed carving pumpkins for Family Night on Monday. Using pumpkin carving kits, the kids hardly needed any help. They drew and cut their own pumpkin faces. I did set up, and Troy did clean-up. Awesome.

The best part of Halloween was the weather! We hardly ever have a Halloween in the 60's and 70's. Awesome.


5 comments:

Jim Rowley said...

Yep, Noah Ark was our favorite too. I'll have to see if we have a picture of that on to post on our blog.

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Love the pictures! Your family is so cute! The wookie costume is adorable! Tell your husband he picked a good costume! :)

Pike's Place said...

Jayce would kill for those Star Wars costumes -- how fun! And Kira was s cute wookie . . . adorable!

Amberlyn said...

Oh man, you should have been the chained up Princess Leah.

Loved Kira's costume, that is STINKING adorable!!!

Jessica said...

lol, Amberlyn... yeah, that would have been trunk or treat appropriate! :) Those costumes and pics were perfect and you made a great Vader!