Kira turned 3 this month! I can hardly believe it. She had a great birthday.
A few fun facts about this little gal:
*She is obsessed with Dora the Explorer. She is often found quoting Dora and reading her storybooks. She gets to watch two episodes a day (on in the morning and one in the evening). She would watch it all day if allowed. This morning she went in to wake up TJ with a "Vamos, T.J.!" She got a Dora snuggie, a Dora doll and a Dora guitar for her birthday.
*She loves candy. When asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said, "Candy". She is a candy monster. It's weird because we aren't a big candy family. She sniffs it out for sure, and has even emptied my purse a few times in search of gum and candy. She asks where Santa is and if he can bring her some more candy. She will be your best friend if you are holding candy.
*She's a good shopper and loves to take trips to WalMart and Maceys. She especially loves Maceys because they give kids smarties in the check-out lane.
*I get to teach her class in Nursery. She loves nursery and church (well... maybe not sacrament meeting so much). She enjoys being social and singing. She overhugs the younger children a bit, but means well.
*Kira is a great sleeper, but is picky about sticking to the nightime routine. Pajamas, brush teeth, prayers, goodnight hugs (to everyone- especially Daddy), tucked in, primary song cd playing (and she chooses Child of God, Baby Jesus song, or surprise song), door open (big, not little), and hall light on.
*Often says, "I love you". If you say, "I love you more." She'll say, "I love you most".
*Loves to snack and eat, but not at mealtime.
*Still working on potty training.
*Loves getting into her dresser and changing her clothes and shoes.
*Everything is a party. She has party shoes, party necklaces and party skirts. When she sees something pretty or sparkly, she says she needs it for her party.
*Recently expressing interest in princess things. She got "Tangled" for her birthday, and calls it her princess movie. She also likes "Beauty and the Beast". She got a Beauty blanket and doll that she is hugging in the picture above.
Her special day:
She wanted a chocolate cake and a strawberry cake, so I made a berry-chocolate cake. I mixed some jam in with a chocolate cake mix, put chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top with a berry pie-filling topping and chocolate shavings. I thought it was pretty tasty, and Kira liked it, too.

1 comment:
Hard to believe that she is already 3! What a cute girl! I love the new look of your blog!
Post a Comment