Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chicks & Rock




We hatched some chicks in Kindergarten this past week. Very cute! Kira came to visit them on Friday after school before they went to live on a farm. She was a little scared to hold it on her own and said they were scary. She did enjoy watching them and petting them. We did well hatching them this year: 10 out of 11. Not bad for an amature chicken farmer.




Other than hatching chicks, we've just been busy with the regular everyday routine. Boys going to scouts and doing homework. Lots of reading. Cold weather (which we hope will warm up soon- COME ON SPRING!). Work and play.




Speaking of play... Troy came home with a little surprise for me the other day. BON JOVI TICKETS! We got to go to the concert on Tuesday. It took a little help from family and friends to get our children all taken care of and we got behind on a bit of sleep, but it was so worth it. I really enjoyed the concert. Bon Jovi is one of my favorite bands. They played all my favorite songs. So much fun! It was good to rock out a little and take a break from the routine. I did discover some ear issues afterwards and decided I much prefer outdoor concerts. We also discovered a very awesome band/ artist, "Ryan Star". I even found Ryan after the concert and had him and his bass guitarist sign their cd. His voice was amazing and the songs were so creative. Check them out if you are also a fellow rock enthusiast (and I don't mean the geological type): http://www.rstar.net/


2 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Kira is so cute!

Bon Jovi! I am so jealous! I bet that was tons of fun! What a nice suprise from your hubby!

Alisha said...

I love suprises! Glad you all had a good time!