Sunday, March 20, 2011

EGGS-trodinary Events

Random picture. I was getting ready to scramble these eggs, when I noticed they were smiling at me. Sign of a promising day, eh?Did I mention my parents are moving to Utah? I am so excited to have them live closer. EGGS-trodinary! They came up from Texas to visit during their Spring Break this past week. We skipped school Friday to go visit them and to watch Kimberly's play. She was FABULOUS as the young Ann in a BYU mainstage play, Jane Austen's "Persuasion". It is still playing for a few more weeks, so go and watch my fabulous sister before it's too late! My favorite line.... "Will it be extraordinary?" "Every day!".

Friday afternoon was a nice, semi-warm, slightly breezy day, so we spent it at the park! We picnicked, played football and ran around the playground and swung for hours. Can't wait for more Spring weather like that. What an EGGS-trodinary day off!


Kira loved hanging out with her cousin, Malleya. Grandma bought them matching jackets and everything. Kira loved copying her younger cousin. She stayed on the swings until Malleya wanted down. She danced when Malleya danced, and fell when Malleya fell. She's even getting better at not squishing her to death with love hugs.

Rob (Kim's boyfriend), Kim, Marshall's boys (Jace and Chance), Brady's boy (Gage), TJ, Douglas and Grandpa took the field for some ultimate football action. They had a blast!
We also let the boys all sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's new place. They got a little rambunctious, but had a pretty good time. Lots of wrestling and pillow fights took place. Kira loved being around all her cousins. She would whisper to me, "Mommy, Douglas and the cousin are awake." She soon learned their names and was giving them high-fives and hugs in no time.
Grandma and Grandpa's new house is great. Okay.... it's EGGS-trodinary. I just thought you might be tired of my clever play on words.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I know your mom and dad are so excited! I'm excited and jealous of you all! Must be nice to be close to so many cousins!