My dad and brother (Brady) were also there for the big event- don't know how they missed getting in a picture. My dad confirmed Douglas. We had a picnic in the park afterwards. I asked Douglas if he wanted sandwiches or sloppy joes, and he suggested nachos. So, we had nachos at the park. A little different, but still awesome. Thanks to the crock-pots for keeping the taco meat and cheese warm for us.
My favorite part of the baptism was when Douglas first entered the font. He wandered right up to the front of it and folded his arms and cheesed right up at us. It gave us a good giggle before getting reverent. Douglas' arm came up out of the water the first time, so we had to do a "take 2". I'm not sure was an accident because he asked me if he could get baptized twice a few days before...
He was also VERY excited to get his very own scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa Olson. He got a black Book of Mormon and a green bible (much to the dismay of the store staff). He got called up in sacrament meeting to be welcomed as a member of the church, and took his scriptures right up there with him. So cute. So grown-up. I love his enthusiasm about being a member of the church and studying the scriptures. Hope it lasts. I'm so proud of you, Douglas!
3 comments:
Congrats, Douglas! What a big day!
Congratulations to Douglas!
What a special day...your mom has been everywhere this summer!
Post a Comment