The wait in the hot sun. My friend Cynthia and I rigged up some blankets to allow a bit of shade.
The concert venue was really cool. Amazing sound and views.
We scored some good seats on the tiered grass section right up the middle. I wish we would've had some of those midget lawn chairs, but a blanket had to do. My butt fell asleep a few times, but it was so worth it. 
We camped out at the National Petrified Forest the 1st night- not far from the concert. It wasn't that shady, but we got to meet some wildlife (like a rattlesnake in the bathroom). The next morning, we headed for the Oregon coast. We camped out near the coast in Cape Lookout State Park. It was amazing to camp out in the woods right by the ocean. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the waves and getting to watch the sunset. Wow.
There is a replica of Stonehenge in Washington we swung by to visit. Washington was fun to drive through- tons of fruit trees. We stopped at a fruit stand and grabbed some cherries to snack on.
Cape Lookout Lighthouse
I loved the little waterfalls trailing down the cliffs, through the seashore, right into the ocean. I didn't like the waterfalls when my bladder was full, however.
It was very windy on the coast. There were gorgeous cliffs, rocks and waves to be amazed by.
We spent a day beachcombing. We were on the hunt for agates, jade, and shells. We brought home a great stash for the fish tank's enjoyment.
We saw some starfish, a lot of barnacles, and a few sealions. Oh- and a little crab.
Troy is totally holding it. He's so brave.
One of our favorite side-trips was to the Tillamook Cheese factory. Awesome ice cream- not so awesome crack in the windshield.
We enjoyed some clam chowder at this little run-down shack in Tillamook. It was soooo good. The toothless chef was very talented. He also sells pretty much every kind of hot sauce ever invented.
The drive home was long, but it was nice to just have a car full of adults. It was actually relaxing to take a road trip without kiddos screaming and whining for things. I did miss the kids, but was proud of myself for being able to handle a bit of time apart. My parents watched the kids for the 4 days I was gone. I returned home to find my fence repaired, and my flower garden beefed up. I love my parents! Thanks for helping with the kiddos!
6 comments:
A trip without the kids sounds lovely, and your trip sounds really great! Sounds like you got to do some awesome things. But a rattlesnake in the bathroom would be terrifying!
Sheesh! So fun. Glad you got away!
Good times! Your parents are the best! Glad you got to get away.
That sounds fun! We are going to the Oregon Coast in August! It was fun to hear about some things that you did there.
That is my neck of the woods! My parents live 15 miles north of the Tillamook Cheese Factory in Rockaway, Oregon. I LOVE the gorge and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the coast! I am glad you guys got to go enjoy it!
Wow, I am so very jealous of your break! It looks very beautiful and a lot of fun. I've never left the kidlets for longer than an evening (aside from maternity stays in the hospital)! I'm looking forward to doing that soon, too!
Post a Comment