I was pondering today about all the messes I've cleaned up lately. I realized how much of my day is spent cleaning. A much higher percentage than during the school year for sure- even though I teach kindergarten. Here are the top 5 messes so far this summer:
#5: Douglas grabs the 2 quart container of yogurt out of the fridge and it slips out of his hands as he is shutting the fridge. The torque of his hands made it more of a "throw" than a drop and it exploded all over the tile, the kitchen cupboards and best of all... the back of my legs (because I was in the kitchen cleaning dishes of course). Douglas really did help clean this one up, but it was hard to get the stickiness gone from the floor.
#4: Kira and the season salt. She snuck it off the table and emptied it. In her room. On her play kitchen set. On her rocking chair. On her floor. On her puzzles. On her stuffed animals and dolls.
#3: Kira and the lemon pepper (the very next day). She got it off the counter this time as I was cooking. Pretty much sprinkled on the same places she dumped the season salt, only the block bin happened to have the lid off. I got to have a sneeze fest cleaning this one up.
#2: Troy accidentally put a bag of tortillas on the ceramic stovetop while it was still hot. I'm still working on cleaning that one (suggestions besides nail polish remover?).
#1: Kira is working on Potty Training. Enough said.
2 comments:
Can totally relate to messes...however it does sound like Kira is a sneaky one!
Sounds like you've got a sneaky little ninja on your hands! How exciting! :) Found some ideas for removing melted plastic: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf48866334.tip.html Hope one of them helps! :)
Post a Comment