Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines and Lightning Bolts

Valentine's Day fell on the weekend! I love that. I enjoy being home for Valentine's Day and spending it with those I love most, and I love getting the Valentine's Party stuff out of the way at school and having the weekend to recover. I'm also enjoying the extra day off today thanks to a couple of President's Moms. I love you President's Day!

Douglas at the school Valentine Tea where they learn about manners. Douglas was excited to get paired up with a girl and serve her cookies and punch, but he pretended it was gross in front of TJ and Daddy.

We had a fun weekend as a family. The item first on our list was to hit the theaters to see the Lightning Thief movie. I really didn't think it would be all that popular, but I was wrong. The showtime we showed up for was sold out. We got tickets to the next showing, and went a little early to get good seats. Douglas cracked me up. He made friends with a random kid who sat next to us. Douglas watched Pirates of the Carribean on Troy's ipod with him (they each got an earphone) and that kid shared some treats with Douglas. Movie Review: Well cast, great special effects, but totally different plot than the book. You'd probably like the movie best if you haven't read the actual novel. TJ and I were disappointed in the show.





Troy was a sweetheart all weekend. He took me out to eat at Cafe Sabor (mmmmm), and got me roses. We also rented "The Time Traveler's Wife". It's a chick flick. He hated it, and I thought it was sweet.





The boys are out sledding today. I decided to keep Kira home since it's pretty wet out today. Her runny nose has just started to slow down, and I didn't want to make it worse. Troy and I got called to serve in the Nursery at church. Kira loves having us in there. Whenever I am playing with another kid, she comes up and pats my back and says "Mommy" and nods her head (just to verify the facts). For this picture, I asked her to show me her teeth.

Another Douglas story to end the post. Douglas made some Valentines for a few relatives this past week, and we mailed them out. I mentioned that his grandma didn't get her valentine, yet. He said, "The airplane delivering them must have crashed, huh?" That's what I get for allowing him to watch CastAway.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend. Bayley can't wait to see the Lightening Thief movie...I'm sure she'll love it because she will actually get to see it in the theatre...a rare treat only allowed if she has read the book that goes with the movie.