I keep leaving my camera at home sitting by the laptop. Lame.
Busy week or so.
Here's the updates on everybody.
TJ:
Busy with scouting, Spelling Bee, and maturation program (ahhhh!). The spelling bee was a bummer. The words were sooooo hard this year. Half of the kids got out in the 1st round (TJ included). He was pretty bummed because he said he knew all the other words that the kids spelled (of course). I was bummed for him because he practiced a lot. He'd been putting in a good 30 minutes every night for 2 weeks. I was proud of him for trying and putting some effort into it.
The maturation program went well. I'm glad Troy got off work to attend with T.J.. We talked with TJ before and after. That night I asked TJ if he was confused about anything or if he had any questions. He said, "Yeah"
I braced myself...
He continued "I thought penis was spelled with 2 e's."
Well, if all he was confused about was spelling, he must be doing okay with all this new information.
Douglas:
Douglas's latest adventure was the author's conference for his classroom. They chose a journal entry to publish and read aloud in front of a group of parents and peers on Friday. After Thursday's dress-rehearsal, his teacher came to me and told me he was in tears and too scared to get up and read his story. She said she wouldn't force him to do it, and I said I'd chat with him. Douglas did say he was "too shy" to get up in front of everybody and read. I told him he could choose to do it or not, but that if he chose to, I would come and watch him as well as his Aunt Mona (visiting from Oregon). He decided to brave it, and he did very well on Friday. Although the journal entry he read was more creative than realistic...
Anyway.... Kudos to Douglas for being so brave!
Kira:
New babysitter for Kira in February. She's adjusted quite well. She loves to sing "Wheels on the Bus" and "Popcorn Popping". Loves stories, tubby time, dolls, hugs, brothers, cookies, and sippy cups. She will be 2 years old in a month.
We had a fun Saturday spending a little time with Troy's sister, Mona, and her daughter, Brittany. We went to Pop n' Pins in Preston (you may have seen this bowling alley in Napoleon Dynamite). We had a great time bowling! At least I did because I totally won. Wahoo!
Friday was also awesome because the REAL Salt Lake soccer team came to visit our school. They showed us their world cup and brought the mascot along. Troy got some pictures, but they are on my school camera. I'll add them later. We're not huge soccer fans, but it's still pretty cool that a Utah team could up and win a world championship.
We're also enjoying the last weekend of the Olympics. So fun to watch, but I've been staying up way too late to see everything. Go team USA!
4 comments:
How is it that your kids are growing up so fast? Sounds like you have been keeping busy and that your kids are doing great!
Love the update....will look forward to the pictures!
I loved TJ's maturation question! So funny!
It was so fun to read about you and your family. You are a great mom! We are excited to come and visit during spring break. Love Ya, Mom
Post a Comment