Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wedding #1

We are having a great time this summer. We are busy doing gardening, chores, scouts, swimming lessons, track and attending weddings. Yes, that's right. Our agenda includes not one, not two, but THREE family weddings this summer. We are just glad they didn't fall on the same date! We were able to attend my niece's wedding in Boise last weekend. She married a guy she met on her mission last year. He seems really nice, and we are so happy for Holly! They were married in the Boise temple and had a reception at a golf course nearby. It was a really nice reception. The food was great. The boys loved the candy bar (and I don't mean this as in 1 candybar, I mean there was a table set up with various candies for the children to tong innto their little candy boxes). Kira loved the DANCING. She wanted to dance with everyone... especially the princess (aka Holly the bride). We stayed with Krista and Jorge (my niece and her hubby). Kira took to calling Jorge "Curious George". It's funny how she associated his name with that. We spent a day in Camel Park and then hit the movies that night. We saw Super 8. I thought it was a really cool show. The kid actors were amazingly cute. Maybe a little too scary for Douglas (oops).


Presenting Holly and Nick Warren. They were all smiles. Red Velvet cake and Lemon cake were served. Delicious.



Holly with her two Grandmas. I think my MIL looks fabulous (blondie on the right). Kira insisted on dancing with the princess and other little gals hanging around at the party.

I love that I caught my niece Kelsey mid-laugh. Jorge and Krista are newlyweds themselves and are expecting a baby in December. Krista had to share Jorge with all the dancing ladies including my little lady. He was a wild and crazy dancer.


I guess all these single ladies caught part of the bouquet??? The one on the top right is my nephew's fiance. We'll be attending their wedding next month. :)


TJ is smiling about his box of candy he made from the candy bar. A dessert to follow the red velvet cake.



Troy and Douglas playing on Ipods waiting for dinner to be ready.


Kira loved the cake, too.



Congrats to my lovely niece! Thanks for all the food and fun.


Can't wait for the next one...





















1 comment:

Alisha said...

Weddings are so much fun! Sounds like a fun summer.