We've spent a lot of time looking for missing shoes lately. Hmmmmm.... I wonder where they are running off to?
Our family had a big event on Saturday. It was our first time participating in a run all together. The Health Department sponsored a run for Red Ribbon week (Drug-Free Awareness). TJ and I ran a 5k for the first time ever, and TJ and Troy volunteered to walk/run the mile with Kiki. They want to run next race, though. My goal was to jog without stopping, and I did it! Sure I was a little slow, but it was an accomplishment for me. I've been running since about June doing the couch to 5k program. Great to finally be able to do it in an actual race. I ran under 35 minutes (my goal was to get under 40). TJ ran it in about 22 minutes. Yeah for us! We all got ribbons and T-shirts to show for our accomplishments. We did not get an after picture, so here we are smiling and preparing to run! The boys are already asking when we can do another race, so maybe we've found a healthy, new, family activity.
With a little luck, we'll learn a few things while we're living and loving our life together.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Up and Running
That had to be the busiest September EVER. Probably due to football, football, and a little more football. Glad the season's over. TJ's team didn't win any games, but he learned a lot, improved and had a great time. We've also been busy with the new school schedule. The boys have homework each night. Kira says she needs to do homework, too. She prefers to sit as close to TJ as possible and needs a pencil and paper to do her work.
I took this picture this morning as Douglas and I arrived at school. I love the colorful mountains! I can't complain about my drive to work. Amazing view. I guess I can complain next month when it will be too dark to actually see the amazing view.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I just started the Couch to 5k program, so I'm glad to hear it works! Good job! Your kids are looking so grown-up, I can't believe it!
Kira looks so big. Great job on the family run. That has been my sport of choice for now because all of us can participate!
Congratulations on your run! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment to get through any run. And without stopping? You go girl!
What a great September!!
Good job! I trained using Couch to 5K also -- wish we lived closer so we could train together.
Post a Comment