Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Busy Bodies & Tired Brains

Recent picture of Kira. She didn't want to sit still for a picture, and was starting to pitch a little mini-fit. Even the tantrums are a little cute, but we are doing our best to ignore them.


A late summer Sunday picture of the kidlins.


We drove through Sardine Canyon this past weekend and I snapped this out my car window. It's just starting to turn colors, and it is so beautiful! My dad in Texas wants me to send him some fall pictures so he can put them on his computer and imagine that he is looking out a window. He misses the change of seasons. I'll have to get you some more Fall pics, Dad.




This is TJ after the Preston Rodeo parade in August. He is carrying a bag of candy and prizes thrown from the random tractors, trucks, horses, and floats in the parade. Douglas got about the same amount. We are still widdling down the stash.




Kira had a little too much fun with the papertowels one summer day.




School was about to start, so we took off to enjoy Bear Lake for a few hours. It signified the end of the summer for us. We had a good time playing in the mud and water. We had to top off the event with fresh raspberry shakes at LaBeau's Drive-in.






Kira loved the water at Bear Lake (okay, maybe not that much). She preferred splashing on the shore and tasting mysterious items (rocks, seaweed, sand, etc.). Yuck.
I knew I missed posting about a few things, so I thought I'd share a few pictures from the late summer and early fall. We enjoyed UEA break this past week, and took the boys to see the 3-D Toy Story double feature. Toy Story 3 promises to be just as great. I got a little more settled in at home, and I survived parent-teacher conferences (all 39). We also enjoyed watching General Conference, and the Broncos beat the Cowboys.
I'd like to close this random blog with a little Douglas story. Last night Douglas wanted to draw some Halloween decorations to decorate his bedroom door. I was busy with dishes and bottling Dilly Beans, and he kept interrupting with, "Mom, please get me some markers. Mom, please hand me the tape. I need some scissors, etc. etc." So I told him if he was too tired to get the items himself that he could just go to bed and work on the pictures later. He explained to me, "Mom, my legs are tired, but my brain is wide-awake." Okay.... now I understand. Here are the markers sweetheart. Show me what is ticking in that little brain.

3 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

I feel the same way as Douglas sometimes, my body is tired but my mind is wide-awake! So cute! I can't believe the haul your kids got at the Preston Rodeo, that's impressive! As always, all your pictures are really cute!

Deb said...

That's how I feel most nights! What a perfect way to describe it!

Alisha said...

Love the new pictures!