So it felt like a train wreck for awhile.
School started and I moved into a new house during the same week.
The house I moved into had been vacant awhile. It needed to be painted and cleaned. I also had to clean the place I moved out of.
Thank goodness school started off without a hitch.
I am also greatful for the help from my sister, Kimberly. She came and helped for four days. She is a great painter and babysitter. My mom came a few days after the move. It was good to see her and utilize her for a few days. I love my family!
I really like having my own home. I know it still has some boxes and stuff. It was a pain to paint, but it felt good to be able to paint it how I wanted. It also felt good to work on a project I've never done before.
Kira's room was painter's tape blue. The whole room. The carpet is maroon. It was hideous. I painted it white with a lilac trim. Not too fancy, but cute. I still have to do the crown molding, but that will be later.
The boys' room was hot pink. The whole room (even the window sill). The carpet is maroon. It was hideous. They wanted a "Bronco's" room, but I wasn't putting orange in there. I did a navy/white thing and still need to put up the wood border between the white and blue, but it looks SOOOO much better.
Boxes are still everywhere, but slowly getting unpacked and organized. I hope I'm really moved in by Christmas.
I love our new neighborhood. The streets aren't busy, and there are lots of kids. My boys love it. I also love being close to the school.
I didn't stay home last weekend to work on the house. I ran to Provo to hang out with my sisters. April was in town from California and Kim has just started at BYU, so we had to take advantage of the fact we could get together. We had fun staying up late and making a scrapbook for my dad's 60th birthday. We also ate at a little Taiwan place in Provo called "CTR" which stands for "Cooking Taste Right". The title makes me giggle, but it was yummy food. We especially loved the mango shaved ice dessert.
The boys are enjoying their new teachers and classrooms. We had their dresser in the garage for the first week we were here (while I was transforming the pink room). Once, I caught Douglas actually getting dressed in there and the garage was open. He was trying to hide, but was hiding from whoever came in from the house. I wonder if any neighbors saw his Transformer undies.
Kira loves all the running space, and I love that we don't have any stairs inside. She is saying all kinds of new words. My favorite new word of hers is "please". Which sounds more like "peas", but is adorable anyway. She can also say diaper and cracker. Such is the world of a toddler. I don't love that she can scream so loud. Is there a good use for this talent? Thank goodness she doesn't use it too often. 
Whenever one of her grandmas is around, Kira signs for food. They love to endulge her.Here is a picture of all 11 of the grandkids on the Olson side. We got together for 1/2 day at Snowbird resort. The cousins had a blast together. This also took up another "unpacking" weekend, but ya know...
3 comments:
Ugh! I don't envy your move (it's such a pain), but your efforts are well worth it! Congrats on finally being in the house. Your family looks great.
Wow! You have definitely been busy...thank goodness for family help! I'm glad that all of the girls were able to get together...FUN! I'm getting ready to move as well and I am dreading the unpacking that will take MONTHS to complete!
It does feel good to have your own place, do what you want to it, paint, decorate, and do what ev. I'm excited for you and your new place!!
You and your sister are beautiful!! How fun that you got to spend a weekend with them. I totally would have ditched unpacking to hang with my sis.
Post a Comment