
My sister Amber with Kira and Douglas while viewing the Freedom Festival Parade in Provo. We haven't ever stayed around Cache Valley for the 4th. We have found it a tradition to hit the parade and fireworks in Provo. Yes, it rained on our parade, BUT only for a few minutes.

Kira at the balloon festival. We arrived in time this year- even earlier than some of the balloonists. Kira was a little sleepy, but seemed amused by the large balloons. I think there were about 20.

TJ enjoyed the balloon festival. Douglas refused to pose in any pictures. I guess he wasn't in the mood for smiling that early.

Kira with Daddy at the Balloon Lauch. She sported a mohawk from the previous day's ponytail.

Here is our early morning crowd waiting for the balloon launch. We parked at McDonalds and so we felt obligated to purchase our breakfast there. I think Kira is signing for more in this photo. She is always up for food- even bright and early in the morning.

The boys finished out a great baseball season last week. I love this shot of Douglas swinging. He always swings as hard as he can. His favorite position to play was catcher. I liked it when he played catcher because it kept him busy. When he played 2nd base, he would just chat with the runners who were on base.

Kira liked going to the boys' baseball games because it was also snack time.

TJ hit a home run in the last game. I've never seen him smile so big. He liked to play shortstop or pitcher (behind the coach). Really, he just went after every ball and would often get the balls that went to left field before the outfielders got to them. It was his last year doing coach pitch. We loved playing baseball. The boys can't wait for next year, and TJ wants a bat for his birthday. We love America's favorite pastime.
4 comments:
Fun 4th activities! Wish we could have met up!
Looks like so much fun! I love Kira's "mohawk". I didn't know they had a balloon festival, I would have loved to go to that!
I remember the 4th of July and Provo parades of my younger years...I was telling my kids about the 4th of July of my younger years and how we spent most of them in Provo with the Olson Family! Good times!
I was at all those too. Except I ran in the 5k before the parade started. I thought I'd see more people that I knew, sadly, I didn't.
Looks like you had a great time!!!
A little rain didn't damper your fun!
Post a Comment