Friday, July 24, 2009

Drama with Douglas

I love Douglas. I really do. I just can't seem to figure out how he gets himself into trouble all the time. This summer we've had a few samples of Douglas just making some minor mistakes that turn into disasters.

#1: Doing Dishes

My kids have an assigned dish night where they scrub the dishes and set them on the counter. I usually load them in the dishwasher and start it. Douglas thought he'd help out a little more and put soap in the dishwasher and started it for me. Problem? Well, he used dish soap instead of dishwasher soap. Our kitchen was quickly filling with bubbles all over the floor. I got a few pictures as he was finishing up scooping bubbles and soap out of the dishwasher. His comment, "Well, at least your kitchen floor is clean now, too, Mommy."

#2: Feather Pillow


We were joking around on my bed and I bopped Douglas on the head with my pillow. He grabbed the corner of Troy's pillow to hit me with it. Problem? He grabbed it at the seam and hurled it just right. The seam ripped and the pillow exploded. There were feathers EVERYWHERE! It was one of the biggest messes I have encountered. Douglas helped pick them up, but it took 2 hours to get my bed featherless. I am still finding mysterious feathers every once in awhile lurking around my room.

#3: 911




I discussed this incident on Facebook, but am still feeling bad about it. Douglas wanted to take pictures with my cell phone, but I wouldn't let him. He found my old cell phone and charger. He charged it up and started taking pictures with that. I figured it was pretty harmless. About 20 minutes later, TJ comes bursting in my room yelling, "Douglas called 911!". I ran into the bedroom and Douglas (with big eyes) handed me the phone. I apologized to the operator and she told me to remove the batteries from the old phone. Douglas' response, "Well, I tried to call some of my friends and THAT didn't work...".

So he keeps me on my toes for sure. He's full of entertainment, though. A few days ago, he came into Kira's room while I was reading her stories. Apparently, he had been in the old costume drawer (I can't call it dress-ups because dress-ups are for girls). This costume is a mixture of at least 3 characters. Can you name them?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay, so I got Nacho Libre and the Rock Guy from Fantastic Four (sorry, not sure of his "official" name...). And the whip? Is that the 3rd part? Indiana Jones?

Deb said...

Sounds like he's keeping you on your toes! If it's any consolation, I don't think he means to be naughty. :)

Mayme said...

What a hoot! Funny how you can laugh about it when it's not your kid! I'm just glad I'm not the only one with a curious boy that trouble seems to follow.