Saturday, July 18, 2009

Goodbye 1958, Hello 2006

We thought we wanted this home built in 1958:
Then we got an inspection done, and found out how much upkeep/repair an older home needs. We are not handy. We were not excited. We said goodbye to the old place. It's cute, it's roomy, it has charm and a lovely backyard, but it's not for us (and it had a teeny-tiny kitchen). We should have known better than to look at older homes. It was a lesson learned and paid for. I wish that lesson could've been cheaper than $250.

Today we made an offer on a different home. It's smaller. It's a little more money, but it's only 3 years old. Oh, and it has a BEAUTIFUL kitchen. AND it cuts my commute to school by 10 minutes. I hope we get it! We'll find out Wednesday.

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is so exciting! We hope you find out good news on Wednesday.

Pike's Place said...

Very cute place! Cograts!

Alisha said...

Hope you all get the place! We will look forward to finding out!

Mrs. Rice said...

It is so great you found a place you like and it is closer to your school! Don and I are really glad we didn't go for the older home we considered. (We aren't handy either.) I think you made the right decision!

Brittney Q. said...

I want to see pictures!