I enjoyed Troy grilling some steaks and spending the day with my little family. They even granted me a family picture on Grandma's couch. Such a great gift! My family also got some new shoes and shirts. I love Troy's taste in clothes. He's a pretty good shopper. Thanks for a great Mother's Day!
Douglas has been looking forward to his birthday for awhile (since January at least). We celebrated it a little on Mother's Day since the family was gathered at Grandma's house anyway. He loves strawberries and always wants strawberry shortcake for his birthday cake. He did well blowing out all the candles. I hope his wish comes true!
On Wednesday (his actual birthday), I surprised him with breakfast in bed. He thought that was pretty cool. After munching his #7 pancake, he hopped out of bed and exclaimed, "Mommy, I feel taller!". Of course you do, buddy! He also requested McDonald's for dinner. Easy for me!
The boys had a little school running day on Douglas' birthday as well. Douglas was having a little trouble finishing the race and so his teacher came to grab his hand and run with him the last little stretch. Unfortunately, she tripped on Douglas' feet and biffed it on the sidewalk. Poor teacher! No broken bones, just a few scrapes. Douglas finished the race, though. TJ ran a mile under 7 minutes. His big race is next week. Wish him luck!
Kira update: not walking, yet. She took 4 steps at McDonalds, though. I guess the french fries inspired her a little. She's full of personality, and likes to make surprise faces and gasps. She also likes to drop food on the floor. We hope she grows out of that one soon. I'm looking forward to school getting out so I can spend more time with her. She is growing up way too fast!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Douglas! I used to have Strawberry shortcake for every birthday too; it's the best!
Love the family picture...I'm sure you are looking forward to the summer!
Looks like lots of fun!
Happy Birthday, Douglas!
Post a Comment