Sunday, December 28, 2008

Deck the Halls



Okay, I sort of dropped the ball this year on lots of family traditions. First of all, I feel bad about not getting out any Christmas Greeting Cards. It just didn't happen in time- Christmas snuck up on me so quickly this year. Most of my Holiday Stress came from the Kindergarten Christmas program we did this year. Despite being a bit of a time sucker, it turned out so cute! The kids wore little elf hats, sang some traditional Christmas songs, recited some adorable poems, and the parents loved it. I haven't decided if I want to do it again next year or not...


Our school started a fun tradition to start off each morning on the last week before break with a school-wide sing-a-long. A few classes performed and the rest of the time we sang Holiday songs. I loved starting each day this way. I got to see Douglas sing "All I Want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" and TJ sing "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" with shades on. Below are a few pictures of them performing with their classes.


Douglas getting ready to sing with the 1st grade at our morning school-wide sing along. The kiddos were supposed to wear red. I set out a cute flannel red shirt for Douglas to wear, and didn't notice until the performance that he wore a Transformer shirt OVER the top of the flannel shirt (instead of underneath). Oh well. It looks like Mr. Blue shirt next to Douglas didn't even get the memo.


TJ ready to rock with the 4th graders. They sang "I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas", then they put their heads down like they were pouting, and popped up with Sunglasses on to serenade us with "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". So cute.
I was glad we got to finish school on December 19th. Last year we went on the 23rd, and it looks like we will go on the 22nd next year. I know it's nice for parents to have the kids in school that long, but it doesn't help me much as a teacher. The kids have a really hard time focusing on anything academic, so I do put in a lot more effort into making the activities engaging and fun. I enjoy teaching in December, but do get a little burned out. Christmas break is very welcomed.
Troy and I also celebrated our 12th Anniversary on the 19th. I wish we would've married in September. We never have time or money in December to really celebrate our Anniversary. Thanks to Troy's mom, we got a little break and she took the boys overnight. We did a little shopping, and had some Chinese food. We also had our friends take the baby for a few hours and we went and saw "Yes Man". Pretty funny show.
Happy Anniversary, Troy!



1 comment:

Pike's Place said...

Clever Douglas -- must love his Transformers. :) I'm glad you got an anniversary. I'm amazed at how people celebrate in December, being such a crazy and expensive month (Jennifer got married on the 20th, and at this point she thinks she and her husband will celebrate mid-year instead). Anyway, have a great New Year's!