Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Picture Day Disaster Diverted

Sunday picture after church on September 21st, 2008. I love my kiddos!


It has been such a busy month. I can't believe Fall is here already. The mountains are beautiful- spotted with red and orange. I love Fall, but it is the shortest season here in Cache Valley. Winter weather usually arrives mid-October. It was snowing in Sardine Canyon on Monday. Crazy.

The kids are doing well at school. TJ is doing well despite the bikes falling on him and the small gym. Douglas enjoys his teacher who is AMAZING with him. I can't believe her patience and her firm but loving way with him.


PICTURE DAY:

Today was picture day. It was a disaster of a morning. It's always a little hectic when our schedule is thrown off, but things just weren't going well. My class was taken to do pictures while I was on my prep and this messed up our reading group schedule (I was annoyed). Next, my son Douglas was brought down to me because he refused to get his picture taken. He wouldn't look at the camera! I was so mad. I tried bribes and threats to no avail. I got him to look at the camera once by saying there was a spider on it. He looked, but he was scowling BIG time. I was SOOOOO MAD. After school, I asked him if he was ready to try pictures again. He said he wasn't interested. I told him, "That's okay. We got a picture of you with a really grouchy face. We can hang that one up on the wall for everyone to see." He suddenly perked up and played nice. He got a super-cute picture. I should've tried this approach earlier. I need to remember how much Douglas likes control.


2 comments:

Alisha said...

Isn't it true that sometimes all it takes is making the kids feel like they are in charge to accomplish what you want to get done?

Pike's Place said...

Smart mom!