Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kira's Five Month Feats

Kira is now 5 months old. She can do lots of tricks like rolling over, batting her hands, grabbing, babbling, and sitting. She doesn't suck her fingers very often anymore because it interferes with her noisemaking. Her new favorite babble is "da, da, da, da" with various intonations. Her dad thinks it's pretty great.

Kira can sit unassisted for short periods of time. She loves to grab things, too. Her favorite things to grab include Daddy's glasses, mouths, noses, toys, and Aunt Sue's oxygen cords.
I knew Kira was ready for solids because she liked to sit with us at dinner time and look longingly at our feast. Doesn't she look like she REALLY wants us to share with her?
She seems a tad disappointed in the overall taste. Douglas wanted a turn to feed her. She didn't care much for the plain rice cereal. Yesterday I added some mashed bananas and she liked it better.


Kira also went on a recent hunger strike. She has been drinking bottles with breastmilk and/or formula for 3 weeks now. This past week she suddenly refused to drink any formula. I don't have a good pump, and so I've stopped pumping. I only nurse her before and after school and before bedtime. Now I'm in a quandry because she suddenly hates formula. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Pike's Place said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe how big she is. Unfortunately, I have no sage advice about refusing her bottle. Toughie!

The Sheffer Home said...

Melinda

She is adorable! She already is so big I cant believe it. Your kids are so cute. Come and visit really soon.

Amber

Jessica said...

What a cutie! Is Aunt Sue okay? :P Sorry, wish I knew what to tell you about the hunger strike. I guess if she is eating the cereal fine and still following her growth curve, she's okay...trying to think of what Dr. Slingerland would have said... yeah, um, that's a hard one. :) Good luck though!

Unknown said...

rent a good pump

Amberlyn said...

If your desperate, like the previous blogger suggested, I'd rent a good pump.

She's still so adorable.