Well, the plan didn't work so well because Troy forgot that he had turned his phone off at work and didn't turn it back on. So the boys tried to call us, but to no avail. Luckily, their mother was antsy for Christmas morning (I swear I'm like a five year old!), and kept waking up every hour or so. I heard the boys knocking on their door around 8 (they slept in more than I thought they would), and we let the festivities begin.
We had to wake up Kira, and so she was a little confused. She saw some toys on the couch, but didn't seem at all interested in them. She asked for her stocking and went through that first. Then she wanted to see everyone else's stockings and what they got. Finally, she warmed up to the idea that the toys were for her. She said, "Who gave me all this stuff?" We told her it was from Santa. Later that day, she asked why Santa didn't give her any presents. I think she was confused that Santa's presents weren't wrapped, so they didn't really count as "presents". We've put in a special request to have Santa leave ours unwrapped each year. :) I think Kira will remember that for next year and be less confused.
My Christmas gift was the complete set of Harry Potter movies. Perfect. :) We've started watching them from the 1st movie on. I was hoping to do a marathon and get them all watched before school started, but it is a good few weeks later and we are only to movie 5. I may just have to marathon it on my own since it's hard to find time to sit all together and watch a show. Either way, It's awesome to have them all at my fingertips. I love me some Potter.
Really, my favorite part about the holidays is having time off of work to hang out with my kids. We had a great time together. It was weird not to have snow to play in, but we played some card and board games, and even a little guitar hero. Kira had me playing with her and the dollies, and changing Belle's clothes (we had to make a rule about only changing her once a day). We also all got some books and enjoyed time reading. Douglas got a book called "The Janitors" by a local author. The author had come into Troy's store to do a book signing, so it was personally autographed for Duds. He was VERY excited about that. TJ got a book called "Michael Vey"by Richard Paul Evans (author of The Christmas Box). He had a difficult time putting it down once he started. It's the first of an upcoming series, and TJ highly recommends it. I may just have to borrow it.
Life just seems super busy lately. It's nice to have a little time today to blog and finish taking down the Christmas stuff. I love Christmas! Maybe I should just leave it up another month or so...
1 comment:
I LOVE the book, "Michael Vey," and can't wait for the next one to come out next August. You really should read it! I read it in 1 1/2 days and would have finished earlier if I hadn't had a party to go to the first day.
By the way, Belle is my favorite princess too!
Post a Comment