Monday, November 14, 2011

First Fall Snow





We had a little WHITE surprise last week. Kira was so excited when she woke up in the morning and I showed her the snow out the window. She looked at her sandbox and said, "My sandbox got snowed!" Then she said, "I gotta get my boots on and check for Santa!". She quickly did her chores on this Saturday with a promise to go out and play in the snow. She also didn't relent about the Santa issue. She didn't understand why Santa wasn't coming because there was snow. I tried to take her mind off of it by focusing on Thanksgiving. I probably brought that up too early because she asks me a few times everyday if it's time to go to Grandma and Grandpa's to see all the cousins. She is very excited to see Malleya and Baby Darcy again.
I headed outside with the eager gal and enjoyed watching her stomp in the snow around the yard as fast as she could. I also took her on a little sled ride. In the backyard, she said that it was my turn and insisted I sit on the sled so she could pull me around. Although the attempt was cute, she was sad that she couldn't pull me around. We decided to make a snow baby to put in the sled. She pulled it around the yard until it tipped over and met it's snowy demise.









Thanks for reminding me of the magic of snow, Kiki. I'm glad there is someone around that is not complaining about it. I'm also not complaining that it only lasted 24 hours.


Happy Fall, y'all!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Looks fun, but I'm glad we don't get that stuff very often.