Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back To School

TJ the 7th grader. His greatest trial this school year is having to shower after gym class (oh the trauma). He has it last hour, and they still make him hit the showers. I guess I'm greatful because I'm the one who has to take him home in my car afterwards. I remember HATING junior high, but he likes it for the most part. He wasn't looking forward to getting back into the swing of school, but mostly because he likes sleeping in. Waking up at 6am is not his favorite thing to do. Kira started preschool and loves it. There is a preschool in my school that accepts "tuition kids" to attend with their special needs kids. Kira loves coming to Mommy's school a few times a week and we get to have lunch together before she heads to class. She was also excited to wear her Cinderella shirt and bring her new Dora backpack to school. She says she gets to go to school because she is "bigger taller" now.





Kira helped me whip up 3 batches of playdoh for my Kindergarten class. She loves to help Mommy do everything. We made green, purple and orange using koolaid for color and scent.

Douglas got a surprise shot at TJ's football game when he was least expecting it. He will usually smile or something. He's cute anyway.

After taking TJ's picture, Kira asked me to take a picture of her. Cheesy. Love it.

TJ was not cooperating with a smile or a tough face. Not sure what to make of this expression.... Frankenstein? He is definitely back in football season. He has been playing well, and his team is looking better each week. They have not won a game, yet, though. Hopefully we'll pull a win soon. He hasn't won a single football game EVER. Last game, he made a reception for 25 yards and a first down. He also ran the ball in a reverse play for 65 yards and a touchdown! BUT then the flag came out saying that there was an illegal hit and they called it back to the point of the hit. Booooo. I really enjoy watching him play. I am hoping they can pull a win this season. I hate to see him go through his first two years of football never winning a single game. Sad.


Douglas switched schools this year. To make a long story short, I needed him to be a different school than me. I was so nervous about him in this new school, but he has done well and loves his teacher. The principal seems great, too. He gets to ride his bike to school, too. I went with him the first few days. Most kids in our hood walk or ride there, and there is a crossing guard for the busy road, so I feel pretty good about it. I'm looking forward to a great year for Duds in 4th grade! We kind of had a rough 3rd grade year, so I'm hoping we can change things with a fresh start.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I cannot believe you have a 7th grader and Kira is starting preschool! How fun!