Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ryan's Wedding

My nephew Ryan got married mid-July. We got to take a little weekend trip to Boise, Idaho and join in the celebration. The wedding and reception took place on a little farm owned by Ryan's uncle. It was perfect weather, and very cute. Ryan married his girlfriend of 2 years, Kristin. She is a great girl. The colors were pink and green. I loved the flowers, the decorations, the food, and everything. BUT I have to say that my favorite part was the cake. Kristin picked a homemade strawberry cake with an awesome fruit-creamy frosting. Best-wedding-cake-ever. There was a MAJOR problem with the wedding and reception. This would be the fact that I left my camera back at the house we were staying at. Hopefully, Kristin will post some on facebook for me to steal. I also liked the little favors at the reception. They had some pink and green rock candy sticks with a note, "Thanks for coming... You RocK!" (I even got that the R and K in rock were for Ryan and Kristin). Cool.




In addition to the wedding and reception, Ryan and Kristin treated the whole wedding party to a movie. Not just any movie... it was opening night to Harry Potter 7 pt.2 and they rented out a whole theater. Awesomesauce. I did get a few pics of that event.

The happy couple went on their honeymoon a few days later to Florida to spend some time at... the new Harry Potter themepark, of course. Congrats to Ryan and Kristin!


We enjoyed spending time with our other neices and nephews as well. We even took a little trip down the Boise River in a raft. We had a great time, and the kids cheered for rapids and waterfalls. I wonder where they get such a thirst for adventure! Troy enjoyed splashing the relatives next to us using his paddle. He accidentally gave Kira a faceful of water. She was upset for a little while because, as she declared, "Daddy paddled me!". So sad. Luckily, she didn't pout for long, and we enjoyed the rest of the river. Summer time fun for sure in the land of the trees.

No comments: