Tradition calls for Cinnamon Rolls to be made for general conference. Troy's family always makes a bunny cake for Easter. Melinda got a little creative with the traditions and created the bunny cinnamon roll. Troy's absolute favorite treat is cinnamon rolls, so we may have created a new Easter tradition. I think they are adorable, and they were quite tasty as well. I added a few drops of Coconut oil to the plain old butter/powdered sugar frosting, and it was exquisite. I got the idea from Teri White (the boys' 1st grade teacher) who adds it to her sugar cookie frosting. It works well for sweetrolls, too. Yum.
The Easter Bunny tried something new for the egg hunt. "He" left a note for each kid to find certain colors of eggs. Kira had to find all the pink and purple eggs (left in easy spots), Douglas had to find green and orange eggs (medium difficulty) and TJ had some challenges locating the blue and yellow eggs. This solved many problems of Easter past, and each child had a full bucket of eggs to show for it. Eggs had some small candy, coins, or army guys (which don't exactly fit like EB wanted them to).
We went up to Grandma LaMont's house that afternoon and died a dozen eggs. We also had Troy grill some burgers despite the snow situation (yes- it SNOWED on Easter). Yummy strawberry shortcakes for dessert.
That night we started preparing for our Snow Canyon trip. We had an awesome Spring Break in Snow Canyon. I'll be posting more about that this week.
1 comment:
What a GREAT idea having the kids find different color/difficulty of eggs (good differentiation!) :-) I can remember as a kid that it was almost a knock down, drag out Easter egg hunt every year trying to see which of us could get the most. Your idea helps your cutie little Kira get her share!
Post a Comment