Exciting news first: Amber, my sister, had her 1st baby on Tuesday! They named her Malleya. I am excited to meet her in person, but Malleya is still in the hospital. She's having a little trouble with her blood-sugar level and eating. Sounds like she may be staying at least over the weekend. Keep her in your prayers!
Happy New Year! I am looking forward to a great New Year. 2010. Cool. Have you written down your goals, yet? I haven't. I have too many things I need to improve on. Writing a list would probably be depressing. At this point in life, I've decided it's the little things that count. I'm going to play more with my kids, and study the scriptures with my family on a regular basis. Let's start there.
I spent New Year's Eve at Amber's place. We were hoping the excitement of company would kick her into labor, but no such luck. We had a blast playing our new favorite family game: Quelf. It's so weird. We love it. The rules accumulate as you play. The most memorable rule was having to say "izzle" at the end of every sentence. It was a hard habit to break-izzle.
Back to School was rough. The kids were used to an 11:00 bedtime, and it was so hard to get up and going that first morning. Then I had parent conferences the Friday we got back. Crazy busy way to start the New Year. Conferences went well, though. I have some great parents & students. I'm enjoying my new school despite the forced move. There is a slight chance I may be shifted to another new school opening this next year. Let's cross our fingers that I can stay put for awhile. It's such a pain to move my classroom, and I couldn't ask for a better principal. AND we just moved closer to my new school. I love my short commute!

Our school PTA put on a little Western Night last night. TJ was "too cool" to go and participate, but Douglas was up for it. We went on a Mommy-Son date, did some square dancing, and had rootbeer floats. Douglas was awesome! He was the youngest little guy in our square, but did very well. He wants to go again soon. So cute. I didn't bring my camera, but will be getting a photo print in a week or so. Once he had to run out to go to the bathroom. I was worried he would take a long time, but he hurried. The other mom next to him looked at me when Douglas got back. She said "I'm glad to know he washed his hands." I guess he didn't take time to dry them. Thanks for the date, little man!
I do try to read a novel or two during the Holiday break. TJ is quite the reader, and he has been pushing me to read the Percy Jackson books (author Rick Riordan). I sat down with the first one, and read it in a day or two. I'm now trying to squeeze in time to finish the other four. Three down and two to go. They are really fun. If you are a Harry Potter fan, you'd probably like these. Add them to your goal list if you have one. tee hee

3 comments:
How fun for Amber...we will keep her and the baby in our prayers. Haven't heard of Quelf...will have to try it out.
What a sweet baby! I bet Amber can't wait to get her home! I will be praying!
I sure hope you don't have to move to the new school. That would be really hard to start over again!
Malleya is a beautiful name! I hope all goes well for her. I'm sorry Amber had to go through the awful experience of leaving the hospital w/o her baby.
Western Night sounded like a blast!
I need to do more novel reading...
Post a Comment