Here is Kira with the splint they did on her arm at the Instacare. She was happy to have it because she could crawl again. I think she looked like a Cyborg Baby.
With a little luck, we'll learn a few things while we're living and loving our life together.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Down Will Come Baby
I'm so sad! Saturday morning, as we were getting ready to head out to Preston for the day, Kira fell off of my bed. I layed her down to get her shoes on her, bent down to get her shoes off the floor, and BAM she dove right after me and landed on her side. I thought all was well, and we loaded up and headed out to Idaho. I was a little concerned that she fussed while I was getting her buckled in the carseat, but thought I was just being paranoid. When we got up to Preston, I put Kira on the floor to crawl. When she leaned on her right arm, she fell under the weight and started crying. She wouldn't crawl the whole day. I took her into the local Instacare on Sunday morning, and she got some X-rays. Sure enough, Kira had a buckle fracture on her radius. Yes, I am feeling extremely guilty. I had even lectured Troy about leaving her on the bed now that she is so mobile. I needed to listen to my own advice.
Here is Kira with the splint they did on her arm at the Instacare. She was happy to have it because she could crawl again. I think she looked like a Cyborg Baby.
Today, Kira got her hard cast on (in purple, of course). She was very good for the whole procedure, and held very still. She will only have to wear it for 2 weeks. Through this whole experience, she has still been very well-natured and all smiles. I guess it could've been worse. I just feel awful because it would've been so simple to prevent. Sorry, little Kiki!
Here is Kira with the splint they did on her arm at the Instacare. She was happy to have it because she could crawl again. I think she looked like a Cyborg Baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awww . . . what is it about a baby in a cast that gets me every time? I'm glad she's healing well! You're not a bad mom -- no guilt!!
The cast looks cool...all I can say, it happens. Kids are amazingly resilient though...as it sounds like it hasn't fazed Kira a bit!
Awww, that is so sad. I'm so glad she is alright and is still all smiles.
We all makes mistakes. Then our BFF guilt visits us.
Take heart, she'll never remember. She'll just have the storis that you'll tell about it.
Because of the title to your post, I keep thinking of Goonies...
Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that she was hurt. But, she does look incredibly cute with her purple cast. Amberlyn is right, she won't remember it, it's okay! :)
And thanks for the reminder. Nathan is closely approaching that same stage and I need to be more careful about where & how I leave him.
Poor Kira! Don't feel bad though, it could have happened any time! We sure have had plenty of spills and tumbles here. When Hudson was first walking I had him on our bed and he stumbled, fell, and hit his head on our night stand. He had a big goose egg and a cut! I felt horrible (still do a little) but accidents happen.
Post a Comment