Monday, August 23, 2010

What I Read This Summer

I love to read. I read a lot in the summer to make up for lost reading time during the school year. I enjoyed all the books I read this summer, but my favorite was The Hunger Games. My least favorite was "The Passage". Here are my official and not-so-thorough reviews of my summer reads:

Little bit scary. Little bit violent. Pendergast is one cool detective solving his wife's murder.



Just finished this one last week. It's pretty dark and some parts are disturbing. I found myself very involved with the characters, though. Takes place in the future... a future where vampire-like creatures (created by a virus) have pretty much taken over the world. A six year old girl is the only hope to save humanity. Ponderous, man. Really ponderous. BTW, it's super long so give yourself a few weeks to read this one.





So I read this one on the way to guess where? That's right. A Tom Petty Concert. The book was mostly pictures and quotes, but it was oh so cool. Gotta love me some Petty.

Best read ever. So the government has taken over and divided the nation into districts. To keep these formerly rebellious districts under submission, the gov't holds a game in which 2 children from each district compete in a death match. Winner gets food for their district and glory or whatever. History repeats itself? Love the conflict and fight for humanity. It reads like a movie. Heard they are making one. Hope they don't screw it up.


Just as good as the first one. Can't wait for the third.


This book had a wonderful, romantic feel to it. Just an overall good book. Granddaughter solving the mystery of her grandmother's past. England, gardens, love.






One of my favorite authors. His books are really hard to put down once you start them. Fast paced and fun. Mysterious. Troy started locking the kids' bedroom windows after reading this, though. Tee hee.


So I like the Twilight stuff. Big deal. I guess I'm on the bandwagon or whatever. Like it or don't. Whatever. This novella was interesting, and a must read before watching the 3rd movie. BTW, the 3rd movie was the best one so far. The movies aren't really that great, but are movies ever as good as a read? Nope.

Douglas got these for his birthday. I picked one up and read it. Hilarious. So funny. I read all of them.
So now you know why I didn't blog so much this summer. I was too busy reading. :)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Thanks for the book reviews...I added a few to my "to read" list. I too love Hunger games and will start reading Mockingjay tomorrow! Harlan Coben is also one of my favorite authors...twisty.

Megan said...

I read The Hunger Games and it was really good. Just finished it last week and ordered the 2nd and 3rd book the minute I was done. Can't wait to get started on them! Thanks for the other suggestions.