Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kid Makeovers & More

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER


BEFORE

AFTER

Well, the boys FINALLY got haircuts. I still haven't gotten Kira's hair officially cut. Douglas trimmed her bangs a little last month. That was pretty fixable, though. The Kira pictures demonstrate her two-part personality of grouchy gal and silly sis.

I knew I shouldn't have declared war against appliances. My toilet froze up the next day. I guess the pipes weren't insulated enough to handle the temperatures meant for Subartic zones that we experienced last week. It finally heated up to a cozy 30 degrees, and the pipes started working again. I'm glad we didn't have any busted pipes... just a useless toilet for awhile.

Even though it's a busy time of year, I'm trying to soak up some enjoyment. I found a book I made about 12 years ago that has a scripture, Christmas song, and story for each day in December. We've enjoyed reading and singing a little each night. My favorite moment was when Douglas sang Silent Night: "All is CLAM, all is bright". I said "All is clam? Check that word again." He tried pronouncing it a few different ways. I just thought it was funny that Douglas didn't know the word "CALM". Interesting.

Love the snow. Love that my tree is decorated. Loved the ward pajama breakfast Christmas party (even though Kiki busted an ornament on the gym floor). Love the giddiness in the air. Love that the Kindergarten kiddos anticipate the daily countdown to Christmas. Love how my kids are excited about gift-giving this year. Love that Kira says "ho, ho, ho:. Only 8 more days!


4 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Your kids are getting so big! That Kira is a doll!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Amberlyn said...

What's up with the Ward Christmas parties and pajamas? I just read a friends blog in Georgia and they did the same thing. Strange. I try hard not to be seen in my pa-j-j's.

Alisha said...

Kira is looking so big! Enjoy your Xmas break!

Jessica said...

Cute pictures & awesome alliteration!