Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't Gimme that Lip

So I'm in the middle of teaching on Monday, and a co-worker dashes into my classroom, "TJ is in the office. He's cut his lip open and is bleeding." Okay... so my Kindergarten children look mortified, and I have no other adult in the room to supervise them. I call Troy to come and get TJ, and then I get back to trying to teach. All the while, I'm imagining all sorts of horrible things about TJ and blood and pain and doctors and stitches. Finally, my assistant shows up and I have her take over while I sprint down to the office to check on TJ. I guess he hit his lip on another kid's head out at recess. He got a small cut from his tooth cutting his lip, and it was pretty puffy. Here is a picture a good 6 hours later. The swelling had gone down significantly (thank goodness). I didn't think he needed stitches, but he still wanted to go home and take some Motrin and rest. I think he was a little traumatized, but he will be fine. He is trying to look extra wigged out for the photo.

We went on a little trip Saturday to Ogden to do some shopping and go out to eat. I like to shop at Target, but we have to travel all the way to South Ogden to do that. The boys ran in to a toy store for a bit, and Kira and I hung out in the car. I love how she plays with her tongue all the time. I grabbed my camera for a few pictures. I think she is adorable. However, her bow ended up falling off during our adventures. At the bookstore, 2 people told me how cute my "son" was. I don't think she looks boyish at all even without a bow. She was wearing a blue shirt, but it had embroidered flowers on it. Can't they tell Kira is all girl? Come on, people.



3 comments:

Alisha said...

For some reason people like to assume that little girls are boys...doesn't matter what you dress them in. I found it interesting that I got that all the time with my girls, but not once did someone mistake Trey for a girl? What's up with that?

Dallan said...

Wow, I am glad TJ is alright. I remember when Brady fell down the stairs and his teeth went through his bottom lip and he did get stitches. He looked like a guy from the Planet of the Apes- Do you remember that? Douglas looks like he enjoys those girls- just kidding- but he is such a handsome young man! Kira is too cute! She is growing up so fast. I am so excited to have you guys come to visit. Love Ya, Mom

Jessica said...

She has flowers on her shirt people! Ya, I don't get it either. The other day Nathan had an off-white cabled jacket on and everyone kept referring to him as a "cute girl". I had to promise Brad that I would never have him wear that jacket again... And everyone always thought Rachel was a boy because I didn't have her ears pierced. Hopefullly my children won't be traumatized... :)